December 18, 2023 – DPVR, a Shanghai-based provider of virtual reality (VR) hardware and software solutions, has announced a strategic partnership with SchooVR, a company that specializes in immersive educational content.
SchooVR offers a cloud-based WebXR platform that empowers teachers to create immersive educational experiences across devices. Utilizing WebXR technology, SchooVR supports both augmented reality (AR) and VR in the browser, ensuring accessibility on various devices, including Chromebooks, laptops, tablets, and now DPVR’s virtual reality headsets.
According to DPVR, the collaboration aims to bring practical, engaging, and accessible virtual reality experiences to classrooms to provide an alternative and interactive learning tool for learners. By integrating VR into the classroom, DPVR and SchooVR hope to enhance traditional teaching methods and provide students with a more immersive and dynamic learning experience.
Teachers and students will benefit from the partnership thanks to the following:
- Ready-made Experiences: students will be able to access a variety of curriculum-aligned experiences that have been created by educators, and that cover diverse subjects across a range of grade levels;
- Customized Experiences: Educators will be able to craft their own immersive content, tailoring it to their teaching styles and specific classroom needs;
- All-in-One Solution: DPVR and SchooVR provide a streamlined solution by combining a customized lightweight DPVR P1 Pro headset with SchooVR’s educational content, simplifying the integration of VR into classrooms.
Additionally, the partnership between the two companies will offer students and teachers the following key features:
- Library Exploration: Students can explore a library of pre-designed, interactive experiences featuring 360-degree panoramas, guided audio, multimedia slideshows, Google Slides, and quizzes;
- Resource Distribution: Educators can easily send slideshows to students in-class or remotely, providing instant feedback and guidance for an enriched learning experience.
- SchooVR Tour Creator: The tool allows educators to design interactive and immersive virtual tours, expanding the possibilities for more dynamic and engaging lessons;
- Group Training: Enables instructors to share media, applications, and interactive content, collect learning data, manipulate trainees’ VR headsets, and share synchronized screens.
“Students can journey from the birthplace of Western civilization in Ancient Greece to the highest peaks of the Himalayas,” said Derek Liu, VP of DPVR. “The experiential learning is particularly vivid through the DPVR lens. This is how I want my kids to explore the world. We take pride in offering an educational tool that showcases curriculum content and delivers an unforgettable learning adventure for students, fostering a deep understanding of our diverse planet.”
Also commenting on the partnership, Mark Baldwin, CEO of SchooVR, said: “I am thrilled to share the news of our recent strategic partnership with DPVR, an innovative leader in virtual reality technology. DPVR’s commitment to offering fully customizable VR solutions aligns perfectly with our goal of revolutionizing educational experiences through immersive technology.
“We are excited about the opportunities this partnership with DPVR brings. It is a step forward in our commitment to continuously innovate and improve the way educational content is delivered and experienced. Together with DPVR, SchooVR is set to redefine the boundaries of immersive learning, opening doors to a future where education is not just about acquiring knowledge but experiencing and interacting with it in ways previously unimaginable.”
Image / video credit: DPVR / SchooVR / YouTube
About the author
Sam is the Founder and Managing Editor of Auganix. With a background in research and report writing, he has been covering XR industry news for the past seven years.