November 2, 2021 – Taqtile, a provider of enterprise software that leverages augmented reality (AR), cloud computing, and LTE/5G networks for knowledge capture and sharing, has today announced that it has enhanced its support of diverse AR headsets with advanced capabilities for Magic Leap’s spatial computing device, as well as for RealWare headsets.
Taqtile stated that by optimizing its Manifest work-instruction platform on a broad variety of hardware, including head-mounted displays (HMDs), wearable computers, mobile devices, as well as the Microsoft HoloLens 2 and iPad – the company is able to provide more flexibility to customers, allowing them to outfit frontline workers with the optimal tools to complete complex tasks.
“Because there are a growing number of excellent headsets, each with unique attributes, it’s essential we deliver the Manifest platform on multiple devices,” said Dirck Schou, CEO, Taqtile. “We’ve made the strategic decision to optimize Manifest for a wide variety of hardware, empowering our customers to deploy the best solution for their businesses and their frontline teams.”
Manifest for Magic Leap
Magic Leap’s spatial computing device can support Manifest’s heavy-duty 3D visualizations and collaborative communications with remote experts thanks to the device’s three core processors. The latest version of Manifest is now available in the Magic Leap store.
Advanced Magic Leap capabilities include:
- Shared holograms – Enabling team members to collaborate during a Manifest Connect video chat to provide a greater level of context and guidance supported by AR content;
- Hologram support in Notes – Holograms embedded in video and photo notes help operators better comprehend guidance and instructions;
- Gesture support enhancements – Providing users an enhanced hands-free experience when using Manifest and Magic Leap.
Manifest for RealWear
RealWear devices provide a rugged, enterprise-ready solution for challenging environments. Taqtile states that it is delivering its Manifest work-instruction platform for deskless workers to select customers operating RealWear devices, enabling frontline staff to access AR-enhanced information and guidance.
According to the company, Manifest delivers two primary benefits to RealWear users:
- Remote assistance capabilities – Allowing workers to quickly and easily chat with colleagues and remote experts for assistance from any location with internet access;
- Step-by-step work instructions – Enabling workers to scan a QR code and access details about specific equipment and any associated procedures, such as a maintenance routine or troubleshooting workflow.
For more information on Taqtile and its augmented reality solutions for frontline and remote workers, please visit the company’s website.
Image credit: Taqtile