April 4, 2023 – Unity, a leading platform for creating and growing real-time 3D (RT3D) content, has announced ‘Unity Industry,’ a set of optimized products and services that enterprises across manufacturing, infrastructure, energy, retail and other industries, can leverage to build and deploy interactive real-time experiences.
According to Unity, its new Unity Industry solution enables enterprise customers of all sizes to gain a competitive advantage by transforming their 3D data to digital assets, getting significantly more value from them, reducing time to market, and optimizing resources. From human-machine interfaces (HMI) to product visualization to sales configurators to smart factories, digital twins, and simulation, Unity Industry enables customers to create and collaborate in real time and turn every user touchpoint into immersive and interactive real-time 3D experiences on any device anywhere across web, mobile, PC, augmented reality (AR), and more.
“Real-time 3D is a catalyst for change at every part of the value chain and across every industry,” said Marc Whitten, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Unity Create Solutions. “Unity Industry will provide enterprises with the essential tools to accelerate their digital transformation and build the next generation of digital twins and immersive experiences.”
Unity industry’s development tools and enterprise-level support include:
- Unity Enterprise – Allows enterprises to manage complex real-time 3D projects across teams using built-in support and creation tools that scale. Includes extended three-year long-term support (LTS) and read-only source code access;
- Industry Success – Exclusive to Unity Industry to overcome challenges faster with dedicated success advisors, professional training and onboarding, and rapid-response support;
- Pixyz Plugin – Enterprises can import more than 40 3D, CAD, and BIM file types to bring source data into Unity’s real-time 3D platform;
- Unity Mars – Efficiently creates AR apps with better workflows and purpose-built authoring tools;
- Unity Build Server – Enterprises can utilize on-premises solutions to build Unity projects for faster project build testing as they scale, regardless of network restrictions.
For more information on Unity Industry, please visit the company’s website.
Image credit: Unity
About the author
Sam is the Founder and Managing Editor of Auganix. With a background in research and report writing, he has been covering XR industry news for the past seven years.