September 27, 2022 – CORTEXR, a provider of data analytics solutions, has recently announced the launch of its new data analytics platform for the XR industry that is aimed at standardizing the measurement of augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) and the metaverse.
The platform essentially runs as a plug-in for 3D engines and XR platforms and collects sensor data from handsets and headsets with the platform’s intelligence engine analyzing real-time spatial data in the cloud. Platform users (such as XR developers and their clients) are then able to view data visualizations in prebuilt dashboards in order to analyze performance, optimize content and measure success.
Cognitive Science and AI analyze 6DoF behaviors in 3D spatial experiences to measure attention, navigation and immersion levels. Critically, the solution is platform agnostic so XR creators are able to analyze all their projects irrespective of 3D engine, device or content type. As a result, CORTEXR helps to bring together data into one platform with standardized metrics.
CORTEXR’s platform is able to:
- Provide a measurement solution for 3D spatial behavior;
- Analyze how people move through 6DoF experiences;
- Provide insights to optimize user journeys based on position and priority of events;
- Track the number of user visits by platform, location, and dwell time;
- Offer advanced data analytics for all projects, irrespective of platform;
- Analyze which areas users look at the most whilst in an XR experience ;
- Provide insights to optimize the amount of time spent viewing specific areas of an XR experience;
- Provide enterprise-grade data intelligence across all projects and platforms.
Jonathan Barrowman, CEO of CORTEXR, said: “CORTEXR solves a significant challenge for the XR industry with standardized and scalable data analytics to unlock data intelligence across all project and sectors.”
After three years of R&D and beta testing with global companies, CORTEXR has launched its Unity plug-in, with the company stating that it will roll out support for Unreal Engine, 8th Wall, and more in the coming months. All of this marks a significant step-change from legacy data analytics methods and the fragmentation of data intelligence across different projects, according to the company.
CORTEXR added that its team is working closely with the XR community to advance the metrics of human behavior in XR and the metaverse to help grow the industry.
For more information on CORTEXR and its data analytics platform for the XR industry, please visit the company’s website.
Image / video credit: CORTEXR
About the author
Sam is the Founder and Managing Editor of Auganix. With a background in research and report writing, he has been covering XR industry news for the past seven years.