January 10, 2020 – HTC Vive has announced that it is kicking-off the new year with permanently lower prices for its entire Vive Pro line-up. Starting today, customers can purchase the Vive Pro head mounted display for USD $599.
For customers looking for base stations and controllers to go with the headset, the Vive Pro Starter Kit, which includes the Vive Pro headset, two Steam VR Base Stations 1.0, and two Vive controllers, is now available for a lower price of USD $899. Furthermore, the Vive Pro Full Kit, which delivers precision tracking with two Steam VR Base Stations 2.0 and two controllers, is available for USD $1,199.
The Vive Pro specifications include:
- High Resolution: 1440 X 1600 pixels per eye (2880 x 1600 pixels combined) featuring a dual-OLED display;
- Audio Immersion: The Vive Pro features Hi-Res-Certified headphones and 3D audio for immersing users deeper into their VR experiences;
- Dual Microphones: Vive Pro has two microphones that allow for active noise cancellation enhancing audio clarity whether in games or in social VR experiences;
- Expanded Gameplay Environment: SteamVR 2.0 Base Stations and next-generation controllers allowing for seated, standing, and expansive room-scale VR experiences up to 1,000 sq. ft. (up to 33 ft x 33 ft using four SteamVR Base Station 2.0. The included two base stations support up to 16’5’’ x 16’5’’).
- Comfort: HTC states that the Vive Pro is made for “easy wear and prolonged play”, and accommodates a wide range of head sizes, vision types, as well as glasses.
For pricing and availability, buyers can check their region’s www.vive.com website for more details.
Image credit: HTC Vive
Using a feed reader? Make sure to follow Auganix news updates. Auganix is included in Feedspot’s list of top Virtual Reality blogs to follow. You can also find us on Feedly, or can copy and add our RSS link to a feed reader of your choice.