October 20, 2020 – Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, has today announced that its Qualcomm XR Enterprise Program (XEP) has doubled in membership since it was first unveiled at Enterprise Wearable Technology Summit 2019.
The Qualcomm XEP is designed to accelerate the adoption of virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR), collectively known as extended reality (XR), in industries including architecture, engineering and construction, aerospace, automotive, education, energy, entertainment, food & beverage, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, retail, transportation and travel. The program offers members access to a global community of resources, promotional and co-marketing opportunities, business development and visibility into upcoming Qualcomm Technologies’ hardware and software roadmap and product features, among other benefits.
Qualcomm stated that in its inaugural year, several Qualcomm XEP members have benefitted from the program including:
- Mitchell International, which recently introduced Mitchell Intelligent Vision, a standalone XR hands-free solution integrated into the collision repair workflow. Leveraging Mitchell’s patent-pending technology and the Qualcomm Snapdragon Mobile XR Platform, the solution came to fruition in part through Qualcomm Technologies’ longstanding relationship with RealWear;
- Spatial, the collaboration platform that connects remote teams in 3D workspaces, will bring collaborative AR experiences to the mass market via global operators with the launch of XR Viewers in 2021. Through Qualcomm Technologies’ introductions, Germany’s Deutsche Telekom, Japan’s KDDI and South Korea’s LG Uplus will carry Nreal XR Viewers that tether to a 5G-enabled smartphone powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 or 865 Mobile Platforms, with Spatial software integrated;
- XRHealth, a telemedicine VR solutions provider, was connected through the Qualcomm XEP initiative to Pico Interactive and now XRHealth pre-installs its VR therapy platform on Pico’s VR devices powered by Snapdragon, meeting an increased need for telehealth and socially distant healthcare solutions amid the pandemic;
- VictoryXR, a provider of educational XR content, unveiled its Pico-VictoryXR affordable package for 1:1 classroom headset called ‘VR in a Box’. The solution features the company’s ‘VictoryXR Academy’ content platform that includes 54 titles and 240 unique VR experiences, as a result of the Qualcomm XEP connection to Qualcomm Technologies’ ODM partners.
“We are all in on our commitment to driving the XR industry forward on a global scale, while simultaneously advancing XR technology for the enterprise,” said Brian Vogelsang, senior director of product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “We are incredibly proud of what our Qualcomm XEP members have accomplished in the first year and are confident this collection of innovators will be a key component in meeting the increased demands in enterprise for collaboration and remote work, skills training, education and learning, data visualization, and health and wellness solutions.”
One of the newest members of Qualcomm XEP is industrial internet of things and digital transformation provider, PTC, which builds upon the program’s commitment to delivering multi-dimensional experiences that help optimize performance and productivity to transform the way people work across various industries.
“Technologies such as IoT and AR are imperative for the industrial sector to transform and operate at the highest level of efficiency,” said Mike Campbell, GM of the Vuforia Business division at PTC. “Collaborating with Qualcomm Technologies and connecting with other Qualcomm XEP ecosystem members will help drive the adoption of cost-effective, purpose-built augmented reality solutions for our customers in the industrial enterprise.”
The Qualcomm XEP initiative is a branch of the Qualcomm Advantage Network. Qualified members gain access to Qualcomm Technologies-supported benefits and the Qualcomm XR Enterprise Program badge as a mark of industry excellence and innovation. For more information and to apply for the program, click here. For a complete list all Qualcomm XEP members, click here.
New XEP members that joined between October 2019 – October 2020 are as follows:
- CoLearn VR
- DengXian VR
- Flow Immersive
- Imaginate Technologies
- Incontext Solutions
- Jingteng Tech
- Masters Of Pie
- Rescape ME
- Springboard VR
- VR Education Holdings / Engage
Image credit: Qualcomm
About the author
Sam is the Founder and Managing Editor of Auganix. With a background in research and report writing, he has been covering XR industry news for the past seven years.